October 16, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday


--1--

Hurrah! My first time participating in 7 quick takes hosted by the lovely Jen over at Conversion Diary. I really like the idea and have just been too busy/lazy to do it in the past. Of course there is nothing to say that I won't revert to that state busy/lazy but, hey, I am trying.

--2--

Speaking of Friday, I am sooo glad it is Friday and what is more I am not on call for work this weekend. It is so nice to have a job that does not require me to work weekends most of the time. It is also nice to have a job (as a nurse) that is a regular 8 hour daytime shift instead of crazy 12 hour evening, midnight, whatever shifts.

--3--

PIE. I like making it. I like eating it. Currently on the menu is apple since they are in season. I just need to find a recipe for pumpkin that does not include eggs. Anyone have any ideas?

--4--

Since we are on the topic of eating. I can't tell if this recent baked goods craze is related to the weather changing and getting colder, or my stress level. Either way I am not worried since breastfeeding seems to be keeping the pounds off for now.

--5--

STRESS. Now, I am sure my stress level is laughable compared to some people's but nevertheless it is present and difficult to deal with at times lately. My husband is having a hard time finding work so we are living on my part time income. Our goal is for me to be home with the little one while he works but it doesn't seem to be working out that way for us right now. Any prayers directed in our general direction would be most welcome as we are trying to discern God's will for our life right now.

--6--

My husband is a wonderful man. Enough said.

--7--

I have almost completely switched from wanting to shop for clothing for ME, to wanting to shop for clothing for my daughter. For one thing she doesn't need to try things on, if something is too big she can grow into it and it is a good thing (for me this would not be the case), price tags are nicer on little one's clothing (well for the most part), and baby clothes are just so stinkin cute!

2 comments:

Jen @ Happy Little Homemaker said...

I ran across an eggless pumpkin recipe but now I can't find it to save my life! I asked a friend if she knew of one and she mentioned that you might want to look up eggs and the MMR vaccine b/c one of them (all of them?) are grown on egg proteins... Just thought I'd pass that along.

Unknown said...

Yeah we bought the Dr. Sears Vaccine book and have decided not to vaccinate the little one for now.