June 4, 2008

The bad news...

So I went for my follow up appointment today (well I guess it would be yesterday now since it is 2am) and it was short. The nurse handed me a pamphlet about early pregnancy loss. It really only confirmed what I already knew. Still, it was hard to look at the pamphlet in my lap and the results of my repeat HCG level from Monday. I wasn't surprised, but I wanted it not to be true. So many dreams gone so easily. I know we can keep trying, but I will never have that baby. Still I am thankful that I got to carry a beautiful tiny new life, a brand new soul, inside of me even if only for a very short time. And someday I hope I will meet that soul and know the person who I never got to hold in my arms.

3 comments:

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

My heart is aching for you! I am so, so sorry! You will be in my prayers!

Unknown said...

Thank you for your prayers and kindness, they are much appreciated.